Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Data Visualization - Custom Date Filter

Explorer

Hi, I am new to using Cloudera Data Visualization tool (public)... wanted to know if anyone knows if it is possible to set only a "From" date filter. What I have is;

-Data that predicts outcomes from now to a set number times, eg. predict the next 10 events from now.

- The predicted events happen over hours

- What I want to do is the ability to set only the FROM date filter and then have the vis return all the values from that point

At the moment, I have to set a FROM and TO date. Setting the TO date means I only ever gets result TO that point.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @Joe685 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Your Question is with respect to using Filter for visualizing the Datapoints.

You ask is Clear, yet we wish to confirm the Platform. You mentioned "Public". Does that mean you are reviewing Data Visualization on CDP Public Cloud. If Yes, We wish to check if [1] fits your requirement. If Not, any additional details into the Platform as requested earlier can assist us in reviewing internally & getting back to you accordingly. 

- Smarak

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/data-visualization/cloud/filter-shelf/topics/viz-filter-shelf-range-date.h...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Super Collaborator

Hello @Joe685 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. Your Question is with respect to using Filter for visualizing the Datapoints.

You ask is Clear, yet we wish to confirm the Platform. You mentioned "Public". Does that mean you are reviewing Data Visualization on CDP Public Cloud. If Yes, We wish to check if [1] fits your requirement. If Not, any additional details into the Platform as requested earlier can assist us in reviewing internally & getting back to you accordingly. 

- Smarak

[1] https://docs.cloudera.com/data-visualization/cloud/filter-shelf/topics/viz-filter-shelf-range-date.h...

Community Manager

@Joe685 Has the reply helped resolve your issue?   If you are still experiencing the issue, can you provide the information @smdas  has requested?

If your issue is resolved, kindly mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Apologies @VidyaSargur we're having a few performance issues with our CDP Viz tool and are currently working with Clouder support to resolve.  Currently difficult to confirm, but will certainly come back and advise once i have tried. 

Thanks 

Community Manager

@Joe685, Thank you for the response, we will wait for your update. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Thanks for the info.  Just playing around with it a little, but looks like this will get what I need for the Data Visualization on CDP Public Cloud I am using. Thanks