Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Manager hangs when installing JCE

Explorer

Hello everybody,

the title explains pretty much the annoying issue I'm facing. I have to install the JCE policy files, but when I click on the button there is no actual response from Cloudera Manager. It keeps loading the wizard page but it doesn't go on. I know I should be redirected on the wizard page. I tried to restart the cm-server process, the cms, the cm-agent with no result. Also I can't find anything inside the cm-server and cm-agent logs. I'm using Cloudera Express 6.3.0. I faced this problem another time in the past, but in that case it magically autosolved: I was tired of this annoying issue and I started doing some other work and left the tab open. At a certain point it loaded the wizard page. But this time I can't wait too much since I  have some deadlines to deal with and honestly more than three hours have passed now. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I'll answer myself since I found out what the problem was. Since I "inherited" this cluster I am not aware of all the things that have been done on it. I've found out that on the node that hosts the Cloudera Manager and some of the other the JCE was manually installed. So what I did was to manually install JCE on the other nodes that were missing the library (it's a very simple procedure, you just have to copy two jars in the java home). Then the Kerberos installation was smooth sailing like the other times I did it. I think that maybe the CM should have a way to indicate a situation like this and not hang forever leaving the user completely unaware of what is happening. In my case I was lucky that I could ssh into the nodes and investigate about the issue.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

I'll answer myself since I found out what the problem was. Since I "inherited" this cluster I am not aware of all the things that have been done on it. I've found out that on the node that hosts the Cloudera Manager and some of the other the JCE was manually installed. So what I did was to manually install JCE on the other nodes that were missing the library (it's a very simple procedure, you just have to copy two jars in the java home). Then the Kerberos installation was smooth sailing like the other times I did it. I think that maybe the CM should have a way to indicate a situation like this and not hang forever leaving the user completely unaware of what is happening. In my case I was lucky that I could ssh into the nodes and investigate about the issue.