Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera Parcels getting deactivated/activated with every reboot of the instance.

Cloudera Parcels getting deactivated/activated with every reboot of the instance.

Using CDH 5.8.3 on AWS EC2 instances and facing this issue. Every time I reboot the instance for like kernel patch, after the instance is up CM UI I see parcels are again getting distributed and activated. This is also taking a while to perform activation.

How can I stop Cloudera from redistributing and activating parcels. Tried changing Parcel update frequency but it is not helping.

Thanks in Advance!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Cloudera Parcels getting deactivated/activated with every reboot of the instance.

Super Collaborator

Hi @cloud123user ,

Have you thought about upgrading as CM/CDH5.8.x is already EoS according to the support policy below:

https://www.cloudera.com/legal/policies/support-lifecycle-policy.html

The CDH parcel will get deactivated if the agent heartbeats into the CM server and finds that it is not part of a cluster. Without being assigned to a cluster, it will then delete the parcel since hosts have to be a part of a cluster before it can have a CDH parcel. This typically happens if the CM DB is wiped out and the CM Server starts with a clean/empty CM DB while the CM agent continues to heartbeat into the CM server.
Another scenario may be if the CM agent is temporarily pointing to another CM server that happens to have a clean/empty CM DB and is subsequently reverted back to pointing to the correct CM Server.
CDH parcels can also be deactivated and activated using CM API calls.

Are any of the above scenarios possible on your deployment?

Thanks!

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here