Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Quickstart VM not installing

New Contributor

I am new to Cloudera and tried to download the Cloudera Quickstart VM and when I run it in the Virtual Box it shows following error:

Detected CPU family 6 model 78

Unssuported hardware Device: Intel CPU Model
..mp-BIOS bug :8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC
Kernel panic- not syncing :IO-APIC  + timer doesn't work

I have Intel i5 with 8 gb ram.

Can anyone please help ?

2 REPLIES 2

Community Manager

@deepikaw, Welcome to our community! To help you get the best possible answer, I have tagged our @vaishaakb @vamsi_redd  experts who may be able to assist you further.

Please feel free to provide any additional information or details about your query, and we hope that you will find a satisfactory solution to your question.

In the meantime, you might also find the following resources on the same topic useful:

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Mentor

@deepikaw 
What is the version of RHEL/CentOS?
Try removing the kernel quiet parameter in /etc/grub.conf
Memory looks okay for Quicstart though the higher the better

Shelton_0-1679580852972.png

This message occurs when kickstarting a RHEL you need to provide another "vmlinuz" and "initrd.img" to kickstart the machine.
In case for example of kickstarting RHEL x.3, I simply used the vmlinuz and initrd.img from RHEL x.4. higher version
For "mp-BIOS bug :8254 timer not connected to IO-APIC"There is a kernel workaround, I believe booting with the kernel parameter "noapic" could work