Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera Sample Data Sets

Explorer

Hi friends,

Im new to cloudera. Have just installed Cloudera enterprise version in my seperate server. Im practising the cloudera tutorials. On following the 

Exercise 2: Correlate structured data with unstructured data

They are asking to move the log file from this location to HDFS

/opt/examples/log_files/access.log.2

But im not able to find the examples folder under the opt top. Not sure why the samples are not available. Kindly let me know how to install the examples alone seperately.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

GTA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @GTA 

There have been some other discussions regarding the Cloudera Quickstart VM on the Cloudera Community page. Please take a look at this thread for the latest:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Quick-start-download-removed/m-p/290290/highligh...

I haven't studied the practice tutorials in detail but my assumption is that you need the Cloudera Quickstart VM with the sample loaded data to be able to follow the tutorial easily.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

Hi @GTA 

I think it might be because this tutorial is designed to be followed by using the Cloudera Quickstart VM. The Cloudera Quickstart VM comes preloaded with some sample data. You are using the Enterprise version of Cloudera though which won't ship with the tutorial data.

Unfortunately, Cloudera is no longer supporting the Cloudera Quickstart VM so I don't think you will be able to download and use it anymore.

Regards,

Steve

Explorer

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the reply. So the quickstart VM is not longer available for the download rite?. Also without quickstart VM we cannot practice those cloudera tutorials with samples rite?

Regards,

GTA

Super Collaborator

Hi @GTA 

There have been some other discussions regarding the Cloudera Quickstart VM on the Cloudera Community page. Please take a look at this thread for the latest:

https://community.cloudera.com/t5/Support-Questions/Quick-start-download-removed/m-p/290290/highligh...

I haven't studied the practice tutorials in detail but my assumption is that you need the Cloudera Quickstart VM with the sample loaded data to be able to follow the tutorial easily.

Regards,

Steve

Explorer

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the update and referring the related post.

Regards,

GTA