Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Cloudera manager configuration symlink

Cloudera manager configuration symlink

Explorer
Is there a way to change the "/etc/hadoop/conf" symlink to point to /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn instead of /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.mapred

I am manually changing symlink to point to/etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn but it automatically points back to /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.mapred whenever i deploy config from cloudera manager.

As I googled around, I got the information that cloudera scm agent is updating it from either ofparcel.json or alternative.json config. I also checked both the jsons, could not find where can I change these settings.

Any help on this will be really appreciated
1 REPLY 1

Re: Cloudera manager configuration symlink

Explorer

I am able to update the symlink by using update-alternatives command "update-alternatives --set hadoop-conf /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn". Also I increased the priority for yarn using command "update-alternatives --install /etc/hadoop/conf hadoop-conf /etc/hadoop/conf.cloudera.yarn 93"

But still when I am changing any configs in cloudera manager, symlink again points back to mapred and priority again gets refreshed.

Any help on this will be really appreciated.