Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cloudera manager hosts

Explorer
I have installed the cloudera manager on my Ubuntu system. I want to use it as single node cluster. The console is asking for hosts ip address how to specify or tell the manager to install all the services on localhost itself ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

solved it by logging in as other user with id as my username. Before that give the user root password less permissions in the etc/sudoers file. Add the permissions as the last line

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Guru

@Abhiravilla,

As long the localhost can be resolved, you should be able to search for and find your host.

If you choose that host in the add new cluster wizard, you can select to install all services on that one host.

If you are having trouble, try posting a couple screen shots to help explain the problem.

-Ben

Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I am uploadig the screenshot of my ssh status and cloudera manager failed status. Screenshot from 2017-09-26 15-29-48.pngScreenshot from 2017-09-26 15-36-26.png

Explorer

i tried the password and giving the private key as well. Both give me failed to authenticate message

Explorer

solved it by logging in as other user with id as my username. Before that give the user root password less permissions in the etc/sudoers file. Add the permissions as the last line