Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Cluster entity is giving error while submitting the falcon entry

New Contributor

I have the following error while submitting the falcon entity cluster. I have stmp is in HDFS directory already.

"

[hdfs@sandbox ~]$ falcon entity -type cluster -submit -file primary-cluster.xml

ERROR: Bad Request;Unable to validate the location with path: /stmp for cluster:primary due to transient failures

"

The following is my primary-cluster.xml

<cluster xmlns='uri:falcon:cluster:0.1' name='primary-cluster' description='primary cluster' colo='toronto'> <tags>class=product,site=pacific-west</tags> <interfaces> <interface type='readonly' endpoint='hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020' version='2.2.0'/> <interface type='write' endpoint='hdfs://sandbox.hortonworks.com:8020' version='2.2.0'/> <interface type='execute' endpoint='sandbox.hortonworks.com:8050' version='2.2.0'/> <interface type='workflow' endpoint='http://sandbox.hortonworks.com:11000/oozie/' version='4.0.0'/> <interface type='messaging' endpoint='tcp://sandbox.hortonworks.com:61616?daemon=true' version='5.1.6'/> </interfaces> <locations> <location name='staging' path='/stmp'/> <location name='temp' path='/tmp'/> <location name='working' path='/mtmp'/> </locations> <ACL owner='hdfs' group='hdfs' permission='0x755'/> </cluster>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

It has been resolved after I ran this command with 'falcon' user. But, the error message "ERROR: Bad Request;Unable to validate the location with path: /stmp for cluster:primary due to transient failures" is not much informative about the root cause.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Master Mentor

please post errors as an attachment.

New Contributor

It has been resolved after I ran this command with 'falcon' user. But, the error message "ERROR: Bad Request;Unable to validate the location with path: /stmp for cluster:primary due to transient failures" is not much informative about the root cause.

@Kumar Datla

The error message does say - "Unable to validate the location with path: /stmp" which means either the path does not exist or due to permissions issue the program / process was unable to access the directory.

In any case, looks like you have been able to move past the issue so I will close this thread.

New Contributor

I'm new to this. Just trying to establish datapipeline unfortunately each time cluster entity giving error and these error are not helpful. Could you please elaborate steps so that it will be helpful to me and like me many other users. Thanks