Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

[Code: 0, SQL State: ] java.lang.AssertionError: No work found for tablescan TS[291196]

I am joining two tables with where clause on partition column. My partition column is date field. SO if i join based on range of date then it gives below error else If i have only date in partition column it runs fine.

SELECT
FROM TableA as a left join TableB as b on a.hibtn = b.amtran and a.businesseffectivedate = b.businesseffectivedate
where a.businesseffectivedate between
 '2019-02-01' and '2019-02-28' and b.businesseffectivedate between '2019-02-01' and '2019-02-28'

Above query fails with [Code: 0, SQL State: ] java.lang.AssertionError: No work found for tablescan TS[14053510] Error.

SELECT
FROM TableA as a left join TableB as b on a.hibtn = b.amtran and a.businesseffectivedate = b.businesseffectivedate
where a.businesseffectivedate = '2019-02-01' and b.businesseffectivedate = '2019-02-01'

Above query runs fine.

Any idea on tablescan error?

3 REPLIES 3

@atul_cancerian Just reading the question above, it's not at all clear which SQL engine is at work here. Can you specify which one (e.g., Hive, Impala, IBM Big SQL) you are using?

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Its hive. Let me know in case of any questions?

I am using hive.