Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Combing Hadoop and Elasticsearch

Highlighted

Combing Hadoop and Elasticsearch

New Contributor

Hi all, Well, first of all, I wanna make things clear: I'm really a debutant with the whole Hadoop/ElasticSearch universe. As a matter of fact, this is my first time handling these technologies... But since that's the subject of my final internship, I hope you'll be kind enough to try to bear with me! Let's now jump to the main point; I'm trying to find an easy way to combine my Hadoop cluster(I'm using Cloudera manager CDH5.3) with the elasticSearch and so on. I found that to do that; I have to install ElasticSearch in a different cluster, uploading the ElasticSearch library(I'll be using hive and pig) to combine the ES with my cluster! Well, it appears simple. But hey, I'm not a centos 6.6 experts! I have NO CLUE how that can be done So, please, if you can give or write me some EASY ways to do so;

1) how do I import the specific jars via centos6.6 command line and where do I put them?

2) how to make my cluster see the ES

3) how combine the 2 Hadoop and ES clusters using the imported jars?

I'll be really thankful guys!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Combing Hadoop and Elasticsearch

New Contributor

Hadoop is an open source tool of the Apache Software Foundation