Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Concatenations of Multiple Attributes in Nifi

Contributor

I have to create one attribute with the following details:

1. There are two attributes are flowing from EvaluateJson Proecessor :

Location1 = $.place1 and Location2 = $.place2

2. There is one string like folder1 is to be append in these attributes as mentioned below:

Place : /folder1/Location1/Location2

I am trying with the below expression:

path: ${path: append("folder1/"):append(${Location1}):append('/'):append(${Location2})}

Please let me know where I am doing wrong.

Early reply will be highly appreciated.

thanks & regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your expression looks fine.

I just tested as follows:

1. Generateflowfile: Add property Location1, value loc1; Add property Location2, value loc2

followed by:

2. Updateattribute processor: Add property Total, value ${path: append("folder1/"):append(${Location1}):append('/'):append(${Location2})}

Now the output I get is ./folder1/loc1/loc2 which is exactly what I expected.

If you think there may be a problem with parsing the json inthe first place, please inspect your data in the queue directly after parsing, but the concatenation seems to work. (Unless you expected a different outcome, in which case please be very clear in what you expect and see).

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Your expression looks fine.

I just tested as follows:

1. Generateflowfile: Add property Location1, value loc1; Add property Location2, value loc2

followed by:

2. Updateattribute processor: Add property Total, value ${path: append("folder1/"):append(${Location1}):append('/'):append(${Location2})}

Now the output I get is ./folder1/loc1/loc2 which is exactly what I expected.

If you think there may be a problem with parsing the json inthe first place, please inspect your data in the queue directly after parsing, but the concatenation seems to work. (Unless you expected a different outcome, in which case please be very clear in what you expect and see).

- Dennis Jaheruddin

If this answer helped, please mark it as 'solved' and/or if it is valuable for future readers please apply 'kudos'.

Contributor

@DennisJaheruddi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I a able to resolve this issue with your suggestion.

Thanks!