Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Configure Nifi to mutliple kerberized HDP Cluster

Hi everyone,

I'm working to a new feature with an existing nifi cluster to provide a new service to add an interface with serveral kerberized HDP Cluster.

I would like to know if a single Nifi cluster can use several realms in the same krb5 file.

Reading official documentation, nifi can do it (https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/administration-guide.html#kerberos_properties) : " If necessary the krb5 file can support multiple realms."

It seems ok but because at this time I have no way to have several hadoop cluster for testing (to notice : my cluster is working already with one kerberized cluster hadoop ), is anybody can confirm or reject this design: one cluster Nifi with different realms to communicate with multiple kerberized hdp cluster.

Thanks for your help and as soon as I have several kerberized cluster hadoop for testing, I will update this article.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello !

Sorry I was out during few months.

No need to have a cross-realm trust setup because it's just a single one direction.

hadoop.JPG

Solution and it's now running :

[realms]
  romulus = {
    admin_server = <...>
    kdc = <...>
  }

remus = {
    admin_server = <...>
    kdc = <...>
  }

[domain_realm]

<IP Name Node 1 romulus cluster> = romulus
  <IP Name Node 2 romulus cluster> = romulus

<IP Name Node 1 remus cluster> = remus
  <IP Name Node 2 remus cluster> = remus

Let me explain :

Nifi needs a default realm. the default realm is not used to communicate with project Hadoop cluster kerberised (romus and remulus).

To help Nifi you must maps the name node hostnames to Kerberos realms in the section domain_realm.

In this case, Nifi will try to use the default realm and the realm of the main kerberos defined in the HDFS processor of the project and will failed.

hadoop2.JPG

It was a little bit tricky 😉

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

Cloudera Employee

Thank you so much, @dupuy_gregory !

Regards,

Chris McConnell,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Hi

Do i need to config nifi  kerberos in order to connect to HDFS that already configure with Kerberos?

Thanks 

Community Manager

@TB_19 as this is an older post, you would have a better chance of receiving a resolution by starting a new thread. This will also be an opportunity to provide details specific to your environment that could aid others in assisting you with a more accurate answer to your question. You can link this thread as a reference in your new post.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: