Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connect Hive from Jethro Client

Contributor

Hello Friends,

Please help me on this problem.

I am trying to install Jethro data on HDP sandbox and connect HDFS and Hive from that.

Installation and setup of Jethro 3.x on Hortonworks (VirtualBox) HDP2.4 was successful.

Access to HDFS from Jethro client by creating table and inserting data into that table is also working fine.

But, I am not able connect Hive from Jethro client to create external table by accessing Hive JDBC.

It is giving error:

"jdbc driver load has failed or not found, setup JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH env in /opt/jethro/current/conf/jd-hadoop-env.sh" .

I have added relevant hive jdbc jars like "/usr/hdp/current/hive-client/lib/hive-jdbc*.jar" to JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH env.

Still it is not working. Please suggest what else I need to connect Hive from Jethro client.

Thanking you

Santanu Ghosh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Santanu Ghosh!
I never used Jethro, but have you tried to set the JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH manually?
Like export JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH=/usr/hdp/current/hive-client/lib/hive-jdbc*.jar in your session.
Is there anything else on the logs? And the other variables from "jd-hadoop-env.sh" are being set?

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hey @Santanu Ghosh!
I never used Jethro, but have you tried to set the JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH manually?
Like export JD_HIVE_JDBC_CLASSPATH=/usr/hdp/current/hive-client/lib/hive-jdbc*.jar in your session.
Is there anything else on the logs? And the other variables from "jd-hadoop-env.sh" are being set?

Hope this helps

Contributor

Thanks Vini. Based on your suggestion I am able to connect.

Thanking you

Santanu