Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connect Power BI and Impala with Cloudera ODBC Driver for Impala

New Contributor

Hey folks,

I am trying to connect Power BI with an Impala Instance via ODBC. Athentication method is Kerberos. I am able to connect to KDC and receive a valid tgt and a service ticket for impala. There is another Kerberos Instance my client mashine is connected to. If I trie to establish a ODBC connection from Power BI using ODBC Connector a get the following error:

```ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Cloudera][DriverSupport] (1110) Unexpected response received from server. Please ensure the server host and port specified for the connection are correct and confirm if SSL should be enabled for the connection.````

The Driver uses the wrong `NameUserPrincipal` or rather realm in a method `TETSaslClientTransport`. The driver seems to use the wrong realm `REALM_01` instead of correct realm `REALM_02`. For both realms I have valid tickets in my MIT Kerberos. The following lines show the error from the driver log:

```TETSaslClientTransport::SaslLoggingCallback: ::LogUsername: +++++ enter +++++
TETSaslClientTransport::SaslLoggingCallback: ::LogUsername: Username returned by QueryCredentialsAttributes(SECPKG_ATTR_NAMES): user@REALM_01
TETSaslClientTransport::SaslLoggingCallback: ::LogUsername: User name returned by GetUsernameEx(NameUserPrincipal): user@REALM_01
Jan 13 15:11:31.060 DEBUG 12412 TETSaslClientTransport::SaslLoggingCallback: Failed to initialize security context: Das angegebene Ziel ist unbekannt oder nicht erreichbar.```

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Much regards,

peter

1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor

@peterpiller 

I think you will need to setup cross-realm trust between two MIT KDC  for REALM_01 and REALM_02 if you have a mix of MIT KDC and AD then have a look at this  MIT/AD Kerberos setup this will ensure you have a valid ticket for both domains.

HTH