Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Connection Closed when accessing the Cloudera Manager

Solved Go to solution

Connection Closed when accessing the Cloudera Manager

Explorer

I couldn't figure out what went wrong with our Cloudera cluster, there are multiple errors but most important one is that I can't access Cloudera Manager web UI at https://<cmserverip>:7183/cmf/home. It throws ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED on Chrome.

Capture.PNG

If I run netstat -anp | grep 7183, it's 5000+ lines of CLOSED_WAITs with a bunch of ESTABLISHEDs all from the localhost IP 

Capture1.PNG

* Selinux is disabled. Iptables are empty.

* hostname -f returns correct name.

* /etc/hosts file are all same and correct on all nodes

* I also can't access any of the web UIs of the Hadoop services (such as Hue) on the cluster. They throw ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT on Chrome.

* All CDH services are up and accessible through command-line.

* None of logs I did find anything unusual.

* I CAN access non-CDH services on the nodes like RStudio or Jupyter.

I'm suspecting something failed with certification stuff or Kerberos but I don't know how to check those things. Would appreciate any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Connection Closed when accessing the Cloudera Manager

Explorer

SOLVED: The problem was the CM's mysql database. Navigator index data filled up the disk partition that mysql data is in. Once I cleaned it CDH services worked.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Connection Closed when accessing the Cloudera Manager

Explorer

SOLVED: The problem was the CM's mysql database. Navigator index data filled up the disk partition that mysql data is in. Once I cleaned it CDH services worked.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here