Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Connection refused -- 2.6

Explorer

Following the tutorials, installed Docker, installed Sandbox, troubleshooted for hours and finally got Ambari up and working. Came back 2 weeks later to do the Atlas tutorials, and can't connect. In OSX terminal, I an starting with command ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 8080;. I am getting a Connection refused error. Did I miss some simple step? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@L Hurley

Great to hear it worked for you 🙂 Now you ought to reward the best answer so members can promptly help other members to resolve issues instantly @HCC

Have a great weekend

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23

Guru

Hi @L Hurley

Can you try the ssh command again but use port 2222 ? 8080 is usually the default web port for the Ambari UI.

Explorer

I got a scary security message when I did that. What is going on? screen-shot-2017-08-21-at-43029-pm.png

Explorer

Which is weird because looking back through terminal, I did try 2222 originally.

Guru

Looks like the key has changed. On your local system, go into .ssh/known_hosts and just delete any lines related to the sandbox. Then try the ssh again on -p 2222 and you'll be prompted to re-accept the key and should be good to go.

Explorer

Thank you for your patience and your assistance. Here is what .ssh/known_hosts looks like. I don't know what to make of it. screen-shot-2017-08-21-at-81523-pm.png

Guru

hi @L Hurley

what you want to do is open the known_hosts file in a text editor and delete any lines that correspond with the IP address of the sandbox, which in your case is 127.0.0.1 and then try it again

Explorer

I did the image reinstalled and did do as you said deleting the info from known_hosts. Now I get the original connection refused error:

[root@sandbox ~]# ssh root@127.0.0.1 -p 2222

ssh: connect to host 127.0.0.1 port 2222: Connection refused

Guru

Hi @L Hurley

From the snippet you pasted, you are already logged in! You are logged into the sandbox as root, so ssh'ing in a second time would surley result in an error. root@sandbox

Explorer

But, I get an error at the URL. I'm not able to get to Ambari and move on with the darn tutorials. Error:

This page isn’t working

127.0.0.1 didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE