Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could not start Ozone Manager because RANGER_OZONE_PLUGIN_INSTALL_LIB and PARCEL_DIRNAMES are misdefined

New Contributor

I just install GPLExtras parcel in my cluster. After activate the parcel, the cluster need to be restart, so it could recognize the new parcel.

But when the cluster restart, ozone manager is failed to start with error message:

+ RANGER_OZONE_PLUGIN_INSTALL_LIB=/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-7.1.6-1.cdh7.1.6.p0.10506313:GPLEXTRAS-7.1.6-1.gplextras7.1.6.p0.10506313/lib/ranger-ozone-plugin/install/lib
+ set +x
Error: Could not find or load main class org.apache.ranger.credentialapi.buildks

Somehow, the RANGER_OZONE_PLUGIN_INSTALL_LIB  variable referred to misdefined directory.

I also found in file /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/${OZONE_MANAGER process dir}, the PARCEL_DIRNAMES variable also misdefined similar to RANGER_OZONE_PLUGIN_INSTALL_LIB 

PARCEL_DIRNAMES='CDH-7.1.6-1.cdh7.1.6.p0.10506313:GPLEXTRAS-7.1.6-1.gplextras7.1.6.p0.10506313

How can I resolve these issues, because I could not found these variables in Cloudera Manager. Thank you for the advice.

2 REPLIES 2

The error you are facing is an indication of credentialbuilder* jar is missing in ranger admin/usersync library.

The easiest way to fix this is to remove the ranger usersync/admin packages and reinstall those packages/parcels.

New Contributor

For the information, file credentialbuilder*.jar is not missing. The problem is this variable, RANGER_OZONE_PLUGIN_INSTALL_LIB, is pointing to wrong directory, 

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-7.1.6-1.cdh7.1.6.p0.10506313:GPLEXTRAS-7.1.6-1.gplextras7.1.6.p0.10506313/lib/ranger-ozone-plugin/install/lib

The correct directory is 

/opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH-7.1.6-1.cdh7.1.6.p0.10506313/lib/ranger-ozone-plugin/install/lib

Before installing the parcel, this variable is pointing to the correct directory. I don't know why after GPL Extras parcel being installed, Cloudera Manager insert some string (:GPLEXTRAS-7.1.6-1.gplextras7.1.6.p0.10506313) in the variable. I think if I could edit it from Cloudera Manager, it should resolve the issues.

Any advice how to edit this variable using Cloudera Manager?