Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Could not submit falcon feed schedule with different user

Expert Contributor

Hi,

We are using falcon-0.6.

I am trying to submit Falcon feed schedule as user1 but it throws below error

Permission denied: user=user1, access=WRITE, inode="/apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed":falcon:hdfs:drwxr-xr-x

I gave 777 permissions to staging directory but I still see the same error.

I am able to submit the schedule as falcon user but could not as any other user.

Please help me with this

Thanks,

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

This is a known bug in Falcon and was recently fixed in FALCON-1647 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1647). To fixed your issue, please gave 777 permission to the following two directories: /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed and /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/process. Otherwise, it only allows the first user to submit entities. Thanks.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Expert Contributor

I think the problems is, though I gave 777 over /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging, when I tried creating directory under /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed as falcon user, it is created with 755 permissions as below

[falcon@hostname ~]$ hdfs dfs -mkdir /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed/test1

hdfs dfs -ls /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed

drwxr-xr-x - falcon hdfs 0 2015-12-18 09:55 /apps/falcon/backupCluster/staging/falcon/workflows/feed/test1

The directory is not created with 777 permission (umask 022).

Do you think it could be the reason?

Expert Contributor

Yes. That is correct.