Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Creating collection using solr fails

Explorer

Hi Friends,

Im trying to follow the cloudera get started tutorial and in that im following the below link

Exercise 3: Explore log events interactively

https://www.cloudera.com/developers/get-started-with-hadoop-tutorial/exercise-3.html

In that when im trying to create the collection using solr with the below command

solrctl --zk cloudera.myhost.com:2181/solr collection --create live_logs -s 1

Im getting the below error like

[root@cloudera flume]# solrctl --zk cloudera.myhost.local:2181/solr collection --create live_logs -s1
{ "responseHeader":{ "status":0, "QTime":32369}, "failure":{ "cloudera.myhost.local:8983_solr":"org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrClient$RemoteSolrException:Error from server at http://cloudera.myhost.local:8983/solr: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'live_logs_shard1_replica_n1': Unable to create core [live_logs_shard1_replica_n1] Caused by: solr.IntField"}}
[root@cloudera flume]#

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error CREATEing SolrCore 'live_logs_shard1_replica_n1': Unable to create core [live_logs_shard1_replica_n1] Caused by: solr.IntField

Not sure, the reason besides this issue. Kindly help me with a fix guys.

Regards,

GTA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delayed reply though.

As i understand, that i tried creating solr collection from the wrong path(instead of solr_home). On correcting this im able to creation collection.

Regards,

GTA

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Collaborator

Can you share the full stack trace of the exception to understand further

Explorer

Hi Venkat,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delayed reply though.

As i understand, that i tried creating solr collection from the wrong path(instead of solr_home). On correcting this im able to creation collection.

Regards,

GTA