Not sure if this is the right subsection of this community forums but I am curious if there are fundamental changes that would prevent a custom CSD that was written for (and works for) a 5.x CM from working on a CM 6.x build.
I will more than likely end up testing this myself soon but I guess I am wondering if there any caveats that I should be aware of or watch out for.
Thanks for getting back to me and sorry about the delay in responding. I ended up testing this Friday and everything went smoothly with the CSD.
I did run into some issues with a custom parcel and CM making the wrong *.sha file upon downloading but putting the parcel in /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo helped clear that up. I may end up making that a different forum post as it seems a bit buggy.