Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Custom CSDs from CM 5.x to 6.x

Explorer

Not sure if this is the right subsection of this community forums but I am curious if there are fundamental changes that would prevent a custom CSD that was written for (and works for) a 5.x CM from working on a CM 6.x build.

I will more than likely end up testing this myself soon but I guess I am wondering if there any caveats that I should be aware of or watch out for.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

@Da,

CSD files used with CM 5 should be compatible with CM 6.  If you hit any problems that you think may be related to CM 6, please do let us know.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

@Da,

CSD files used with CM 5 should be compatible with CM 6.  If you hit any problems that you think may be related to CM 6, please do let us know.

Explorer

Hey Ben,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry about the delay in responding. I ended up testing this Friday and everything went smoothly with the CSD.

I did run into some issues with a custom parcel and CM making the wrong *.sha file upon downloading but putting the parcel in /opt/cloudera/parcel-repo helped clear that up. I may end up making that a different forum post as it seems a bit buggy.

Regards,

Dan