Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Custom parcel caching in CM

Custom parcel caching in CM

New Contributor

I have developed a custom parcel and currently facing some caching related issues.

On my cluster (CM 5.14.3) the parcel was rolled out some weeks ago in a specific version, say 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT. A few day later I completely removed the parcel from the cluster via the parcel page in Cloudera Manager. Now I want to roll out this version again, but with an updated content. When distributing the parcel I noticed that the content of the parcel still contains the content from the old version instead of the updated version. I removed everything from /opt/cloudera/parcel-cache and also the torrent files on all hosts. The problem still remains. It can only be fixed by changing the parcel to a different version (f.e. 1.0.0). Any ideas what the problem could be?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Custom parcel caching in CM

New Contributor

Same issue here. 

I ended up having to run this command on all the nodes.

```

sudo rm -rf /opt/cloudera/parcels/.flood/*

```

Re: Custom parcel caching in CM

New Contributor

I also did this several times. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. I ended up raising the parcel version instead.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here