Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Custom processor issue in NiFi

New Contributor

I am using NiFI 1.12.1 and am developing a custom processor.

I created a prototype using the NiFI archetype and successfully developed and deployed my Processor.

I was able to deploy the .nar file and from the NiFi canvas create that custom processor.

However, I am now trying to migrate that processor to another maven project that is not using that archetype and am running into some difficulties. I can get the processor to build and the .nar to generate, however whenever I deploy it to either the /lib folder or the /extensions folder, the processor doesn't appear in the list of available processors.

My project structure is as follows, where each is there own module, and nifi is the parent of nifi-processor and nifi-processor-nar.

parent-project - nifi - nifi-processor

parent-project - nifi - nifi-processor-nar

However unlike the archetype, nifi is a not a child of 

<parent>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-nar-bundles</artifactId>
<version>1.12.1</version>
</parent>

I have created the file org.apache.nifi.processor.Processor in resources/META-INF.services and inside of the file the path to my processor (org.xxxxx.xxxxxx.nifi.processor.ProcessorName)

The dependencies for the nar POM are on the processor module and I am listing out the nar build plugin in that pom. 

<build>
<plugins>
<plugin>
<groupId>org.apache.nifi</groupId>
<artifactId>nifi-nar-maven-plugin</artifactId>
<version>1.3.2</version>
<extensions>true</extensions>
<configuration>
<enforceDocGeneration>true</enforceDocGeneration>
</configuration>
</plugin>
</plugins>
</build>

I've expanded the nar of my prototype and my new project and other than the DEPENDENCIES, LICENSE, and NOTICE file being absent it appears correct to me.

I've checked the log files and see the nar being unpacked

2022-03-25 15:41:35,508 INFO [main] org.apache.nifi.nar.NarClassLoaders Loaded NAR file: /path/to/nar/nar-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.nar-unpacked as class loader org.apache.nifi.nar.NarClassLoader[./work/nar/extensions/nar-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.nar-unpacked]

However, it does not appear in the portion of the log file where it is listing out processors.

Beginning of that portion of the log:

=== Processor Type ===

org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.HashAttribute
org.apache.nifi:nifi-standard-nar:1.12.1 || ./work/nar/extensions/nifi-standard-nar-1.12.1.nar-unpacked

So I believe it is loading the my nar file, but it doesn't seem to be classifying it as a processor.

My only guess is that somehow it is not processing the Processor file correctly, but i am at a loss as to what is misconfigured.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0