Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

DBCP connection pool Issue(Can't load Database Driver) in HDP 2.4 NiFi

Rising Star

I try to access a postgresql through Nifi for that first I try to get json from RestApi through GetHTTP processor, then I try to insert json into postgres through convertJSONToSQL processor in nifi. While initializing DBCP connection I got "DBCPConnectionPool[id=27273afd-ed82-48f4-aaae-d9f265d72769] Failed to invoke @OnEnabled method due to org.apache.nifi.reporting.InitializationException: Can't load Database Driver". I attach my DBCPconnectionpool configure controller service below.

16324-screenshot-from-2017-06-14-134016.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@Narasimma varman

Try configuring the "Database Driver Jar Url" property with the absolute path to you "postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar" file.

for example:

c:/post/postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar

/post/postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar

Also check out the nifi-app.log for a full stack trace that may follow the above ERROR that may give more detail on why it can't load the file.

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Mentor

@Narasimma varman

Try configuring the "Database Driver Jar Url" property with the absolute path to you "postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar" file.

for example:

c:/post/postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar

/post/postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar

Also check out the nifi-app.log for a full stack trace that may follow the above ERROR that may give more detail on why it can't load the file.

Thanks,

Matt

Master Guru

Or try adding an extra slash before your path (see here for explanation):

file:///post/postgresql-42.1.1.jre7.jar

Rising Star

Thanks Matt Burgess

Rising Star

Thanks Matt Clarke

Explorer

Hi @Matt Burgess,

I am facing the same problem and the solution you suggested is not working for me. Can u provide with some alternative solution. Configuration and error is given below. Nor the solution by Matt Clarke is working for us.

44457-error4.png

44458-error41.png

Contributor

Hello @Matt Burgess .

I am using the CaptureChangesMysql processor to read the events data from mysql but it it failing with the connection error as "org.apache.nifi.reporting.initializationexception can't load database driver"

screenshots are attached for the reference .

Mysql Driver path: file:////Users/kiran/Downloads/mysql/mysql-connector-java-8.0.17.jar

Environment :

Aapache nifi :1.7.0

Mysql 8.0.17

110361-screenshot-2019-08-13-at-55200-pm.png

110371-screenshot-2019-08-13-at-55802-pm.png