Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Data Analytics Studio UI not working

Data Analytics Studio UI not working

New Contributor

Hi, I' new to HDP and going thought the tutorials, I got stuck when I tried to launce the DAS UI, I get an error message "cannot connect to server at sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com, FYI I use Ubuntu

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Data Analytics Studio UI not working

Expert Contributor

New Contributor

That link you have listed to review is dead. I am having the same problem but I can't get to that configure link because it is dead.

Community Manager

@Payperplain The hyperlink that @gdeleon presented in the reply above is now fixed. It was accurate at the time it was posted, but apparently some things for redirection changed. Here it is again, in full, just for the sake of completeness:
https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/learning-the-ropes-of-the-hdp-sandbox.html#environment-setup

Hope this helps.

Bill Brooks, Community Manager
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Highlighted

Cloudera Employee

@Khaled Hussein, This probably looks like an issue with redirection, in that case you will have to update your /etc/hosts file to map the sandbox IP to the host name sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com as follows and then try accessing the UI. Please let us know how it goes.

For MAC

echo '{IP-Address} sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com ' | sudo tee -a /private/etc/hosts

For Linux

echo '{IP-Address} sandbox-hdp.hortonworks.com ' | sudo tee -a /etc/hosts

New Contributor

Thank you, yes it was redirection issue, I reconfigured the IP address and it is now working