Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Data Warehouse Use Case

Explorer

Hi,

I have a background in traditional data warehousing (SQL, 3NF Inmon, Star schema Kimball). I used to design data models then create it in a SQL RDMS and then populate it with ETL data flows. Paying a particular attention to slowly changing dimensions.

With Cloudera, how to build the equivalent of a data warehouse? and which feeding treatments? What are the components to use?

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7

Master Collaborator

Hi @Christ,

Thanks for being a part of the Cloudera community,

1. CDP Public Cloud Data Warehouse 
  2. CDP Private Cloud Data Warehouse 

You can leverage the above options provided by Cloudera for the Public and Private clouds.

Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.

Master Collaborator

Hi @Christ 

If your issue has been resolved, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.

Explorer

Thanks for the reply. It looks to me interesting but does not tell about best practices of architecture and data modeling. For example, it would be great to add a diagram in your documentation illustrating architecture: components used from data ingestion to data consumption with related technologies.

HI @Christ 

If you'd like more details about data model design and implementing them using Cloudera Data Warehouse over and above the documentation @shehbazk provided links to, I'd recommend you watch the recording of a webinar Cloudera held on the topic quite some time ago, Data Modeling for Hadoop and the subsequent blog post Common Questions on Data Modeling for Big Data.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Master Collaborator

@Christ  Thanks for your feedback on the documentation, I will highlight this to our document team. About your query, we need to open a support ticket because it requires the involvement of our product team.

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Thanks,

Master Collaborator

Hi @Christ 

Can we mark this as resolved?

Community Manager

@Christ, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future.

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: