Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

DataType mapping in NiFi ExecuteSQL processor

Highlighted

DataType mapping in NiFi ExecuteSQL processor

New Contributor

I want to Import data from Microsoft SQL Server to BigQuery using NiFi. I used ExecuteSQL -> PutBigQueryBatch processors and data was successfully dumped onto BigQuery in avro (default) format. But when I check the schema in avro, it shows timestamp column in {"name":"LastModifiedDate","type":["null",{"type":"long","logicalType":"timestamp-millis"}]} format which is creating this column in integer format in BigQuery table.

I want to know if we can map the avro column datatype with user defined datatype so that we can use it while creating BigQuery table( say LastModifiedDate timestamp) . I can see few suggestions to define the schema registry but that will be specific to a table only. I am looking for some generic solution where we can define a centralize repository and that can be used for all tables for such types of column.

The executeSQL processor configuration is as follow:

109968-pic1.png

The PutBigQueryBatch processor configuration is as follow:

109980-pic2.png

My question is pretty much similar to this https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/202979/avro-schema-change-using-convertrecord-processor-... but looks like it is missing the answer what i want.

1 REPLY 1

Re: DataType mapping in NiFi ExecuteSQL processor

New Contributor
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here