Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Decommisiong status for a dead node

Expert Contributor

Hi all,

I tried to decomission a datanode because of some hardware failures but during decommission process the host rebooted by itself, so now when i click Hosts(ambari) and see the status, the datanode is decomissioned but when i see HDFS dashboard it shows 1 dead and 1 decomissioning.. how can i change this status and how to confirm the node is decomissioned correctly? Do i need to restart namenode?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Its resolved. I just recomissioned the datanode and started it and then decomissioned again.... now the node is completely decomissioned.

Thank you for your time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@PJ

Check and ensure the ambari-agent is stopped on the dead datanode.

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Thanks for the reply. I stopped ambari-agent and waited almost 15-20 min but still it says decomissioning on the hdfs dashboard summary.

Master Mentor

@PJ

Can you restart the ambar-server

# ambari-server restart

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

I cannot restart ambari-server right away. But i was thinking this is not the issue with ambari, even at hadoop level it is showing decomission is in progress, like when i do hdfs dfsadmin -report

Decommission Status : Decommission in progress

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

Its resolved. I just recomissioned the datanode and started it and then decomissioned again.... now the node is completely decomissioned.

Thank you for your time.

Master Mentor

@PJ

Okay good to know enjoy