Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Delegation token issue while executing hive query

Delegation token issue while executing hive query

i am executing the hive query but when i do so i ma getting below error :

java.sql.SQLException: Error while processing statement: FAILED: Execution Error, return code 2 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.tez.TezTask. Vertex failed, vertexName=Map 8, vertexId=vertex_1530387194612_0030_4_00, diagnostics=[Vertex vertex_1530387194612_0030_4_00 [Map 8] killed/failed due to:ROOT_INPUT_INIT_FAILURE, Vertex Input: tbtbotabel_db2_orc initializer failed, vertex=vertex_1530387194612_0030_4_00 [Map 8], java.io.IOException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.token.SecretManager$InvalidToken): token (HDFS_DELEGATION_TOKEN token 214816 for hive) can't be found in cache

I can see error is because of HDFS_DELEGATION_TOKEN for hive can not be found

what are the resoluton steps and what lead to this issue ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Delegation token issue while executing hive query

@Anurag Mishra

Add the property "tez.cancel.delegation.tokens.on.completion=false" in Custom tez-site via Ambari and restart Hive/Tez services.

Let me know how it goes.

Re: Delegation token issue while executing hive query

@Sandeep Nemuri

Hi Sandeep ,

Thanks for your response , but could you please explain what is the root cause of this issue , since from the falcon user also I tried to read hdfs and I was getting the same issue as I am doing this from hive user . however in falcon reading hdfs through webhdfs had solved the issue . I was creating a falcon cluster entity from falcon cli .

I wanted to understand the root cause because I am experiencing the same issue from different users as well.

Thanks in Advance.