Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Delete schema from Schema Registry

Contributor

Hi

Is is possible to delete schemas from the Schema Registry, and if not, can this functionality be added to the front end?

In my development environment I've created a bunch of old schema's I'd like to delete to avoid clutter and confusion between not-in-use schemas.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

In schema registry (HDF-3.0), a schema is immutable & you can't delete/modify a schema.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Explorer

Has any progress been made in developing a GUI to manage the Schema Registry ??? It appears many of us need the ability to Delete, Rename and otherwise manage the Schema's in the Schema Registry, I realize the brute force using SQL is a possibility but it is too error prone and clumsy which us unacceptable for a production environment. We really need a GUI that is fully supported to manage the Schema Registry entries so we can correct errors and Delete unwanted Schema's. It appears this question has not been updated in a long while so I wanted to see what is being done to resolve the issue. This doesn't sound like a heavy life for the technical team to add a little functionality to the existing Schema Registry GUI. Lets hear from the Hortonworks/Cloudera experts what the status is and when we might see a production ready solution.

New Contributor

Due the GUI still doesn't include the delete option, the workaround I'm using is to execute this curl comand:

CURL -X DELETE http://localhost:9090/api/v1/schemaregistry/schemas/<name>

Using the last version at this moment, hortonworks-registry-0.8.0-rc3, which includes a fix for ISSUE-574 that avoids error re-creating a previously deleted schema with the same name, works fine.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Marcelo.