Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Deploy NiFi with Cloudbreak

Master Guru

Since CloudBreak core is Ambari blueprint, is it possible to deploy NiFi from cloudbreak? Would this be done strictly through recipe? Any pre-baked recipe you can share? any other sights I should be aware?

I am not sure if NiFi Ambari integration is officially supported yet. Will open another HCC post on this question.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

hi @Sunile Manjee,

As per my discussion with Haimo Liu (PM for NiFi), I was told that Amabri and NiFi integration will be released as a part of HDF 2.0 release scheduled for late August 2016. HDF 2.0 will release HDF Management pack for Ambari 2.4. Once this integration is out next month, I can include support for deploying NiFi through Cloudbreak in the next release for Cloudbreak 2.1. Exact scope and launch date for Cloudbreak 2.1 is yet to be finalized. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

Mahesh Gandhe

Product Manager for Cloudbreak

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi @Sunile Manjee,

We can deploy what Ambari can, but as i know Ambari doesn't support NiFi yet via blueprint (i hope Ambari experts would explain a bit in the other question). On the other hand we don't have any recipe to install NiFi.

Update: I found this article https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/30289/working-with-ambari-rest-api-automate-nifi-install....

Explorer

hi @Sunile Manjee,

As per my discussion with Haimo Liu (PM for NiFi), I was told that Amabri and NiFi integration will be released as a part of HDF 2.0 release scheduled for late August 2016. HDF 2.0 will release HDF Management pack for Ambari 2.4. Once this integration is out next month, I can include support for deploying NiFi through Cloudbreak in the next release for Cloudbreak 2.1. Exact scope and launch date for Cloudbreak 2.1 is yet to be finalized. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

Mahesh Gandhe

Product Manager for Cloudbreak

Expert Contributor

Any news on this? I am wondering about installing the whole of HDF3.0 including the Scheme Registry and SAM as well as NiFi.