Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Deploy client configuration has failed on CDH 5.13 single user mode

Deploy client configuration has failed on CDH 5.13 single user mode

New Contributor

Hello,

I'm currently facing a problem during the last step of setup and configuration of Cloudera manager on Ubuntu machine.

All the services failed during the deployment process.

Schermata_2018_07_10_alle_14_10_59

From my side I have followed all the suggestions for single user mode here: 

https://www.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/5-13-x/topics/install_singleuser_reqts.html#concep...

I have set:

cloudera-scm ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

And I have make writable these directories:

• /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/
  • /var/lib/cloudera-scm-agent/
  • /opt/cloudera

But it still get the same deployment error...

Someone could exaplain me why I cannot complete the configuration?

I upload below the /var/log/cloudera-scm-agent/cloudera-scm-agent.log file:

https://yadi.sk/i/fPFnhPdv3Z2Cqx

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Deploy client configuration has failed on CDH 5.13 single user mode

Super Guru

@ugofantozzi,

In the log you shared, we see that the single user does not have the access required via sudo:

[10/Jul/2018 13:11:24 +0000] 27280 MainThread tmpfs WARNING Failed to sudo tmpfs at /run/cloudera-scm-agent/process, rc: 1 stderr: sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

and

[10/Jul/2018 13:11:31 +0000] 27280 MainThread throttling_logger WARNING Command failure: ['sudo', '/usr/sbin/update-alternatives', '--admindir', '/var/lib/dpkg/alternatives', '--altdir', '/etc/alternatives', '--display', 'sqoop2-conf'], sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/zookeeper/stacks'

It seems that sudo and permissions on the host from which the cloudera-scm-agent.log was obtained doesn't have sudo set up to grant the agent the access it needs to OS resources. 

Correcting that is a good place to start.

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply @bgooley,
the problem is that I have already set in visudo the sudo permission to cloudera-scm user.. and the same sudo privileges were setted also for the user that I have choose during the cloudera manager installation step.

Schermata_2018_07_11_alle_10_34_28

As you can see the "cluster" user and the "cloudera-scm" user have the right sudo permission that are the same of the "root" user.

Super Guru

@ugofantozzi,

If the agent is running as cloudera-scm, then the errors indicate that sudo is not set up to allow the necessary access.  I would try testing with the cloudera-scm user and see if it can creat directories, run alternatives and other commands.

Ben