Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Different Log directory free space warning on one host in cloudera

Explorer

Hi, 

We are running CDH 5.14.0 version of cloudera.There are multiple warnings coming related to log data directory for only one Data node( hadoop-slave-1). please see warnings.

hadoop-slave-1-alarms.PNG

for the same node,root / dir space is showing critical.

hadoop-slave-1-alarms1.PNG

can anyone suggest what files i should delete from "/ ,so that i can clear these alarms .

Thanks

Devendra

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Cloudera Employee

Hi Devendra,

I see you are seeing multiple low disk space alerts for various role log and role data directories. It is not advised to delete anything manually from these directories instead adjust the retention policy for them in CM and let CM delete it automatically for you.

Review the documentation to find default retention policy for Cloudera Management Services data directories and following documentation for setting retention policy for any role log that by default reside in /var/log/. Remove and Delete any unused parcel from CM > Parcel page to reclaim disk space occupied by parcels. Details are given here

I hope that will help.

Thanks,

Salim 

View solution in original post

Explorer
4 REPLIES 4

Expert Contributor

Hi @pdev  Login to the host and execute below command -

for a in /*; do mountpoint -q -- "$a" || du -s -h -x "$a"; done

command which will ignore all mounts and only give size details of filesystem/dirs which resides under "/"

You can check and delete data accordingly.

Cloudera Employee

Hi Devendra,

I see you are seeing multiple low disk space alerts for various role log and role data directories. It is not advised to delete anything manually from these directories instead adjust the retention policy for them in CM and let CM delete it automatically for you.

Review the documentation to find default retention policy for Cloudera Management Services data directories and following documentation for setting retention policy for any role log that by default reside in /var/log/. Remove and Delete any unused parcel from CM > Parcel page to reclaim disk space occupied by parcels. Details are given here

I hope that will help.

Thanks,

Salim 

Explorer

Thanks salim.

Community Manager

@pdev 

Can you advise if your issue is now resolved? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-06 at 1.54.47 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.