Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Do I have to use the 'enrichment' table in HBase

Highlighted

Do I have to use the 'enrichment' table in HBase

New Contributor

I am trying to set up an enrichment based on the "user" field in my source data; I want to enrich events with data from Active Directory.

I have exported the data to CSV and loaded it successfully (it seems) into HBase using the flatfile_loader.sh script, BUT...

1. I loaded the data into a new HBase table that I created: metron_users
  2. I did not specify an Enrichment Config JSON -- the idea was to stitch this in later by editing the JSON config for my sensor(s) in the Metron UI since I don't know which sensors might need this same enrichment.

All the examples I have seen appear to load the data into the enrichment table in HBase. Does it matter that I have created a new table / do I need to do anything in particular to pull enrichment data from my new table / should I have just used the enrichment table?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Do I have to use the 'enrichment' table in HBase

New Contributor

After a bare minimum of testing it seems the answer is: Yes, I do need to use the enrichment table in HBase. However this is by no means an authorative answer.

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here