Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Do we need JDK to be installed or JRE is enough to run Apache NIFI.

Explorer

HI,

I want NIFI to be run with the minimum resource needed. my concern is whether I can run NIFI with JRE or JDK is also required. will I face any issues in future while scaling up? 

I am using NIFI 1.15.3.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor

@shashikumar 

NiFi only requires the the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).  Latest versions of NiFi support both Java 8 or Java 11:
system_requirements 

The JDK contains, in addition to the JRE, additional development tools like compilers, debuggers, etc.  These may be useful to you depending on whether or not you intend to compile java code within your dataflow (not a requirement of any components like processors, controller services, reporting tasks, etc included with NiFi) or create your own custom NiFi components.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Mentor

@shashikumar 

NiFi only requires the the Java Runtime Environment (JRE).  Latest versions of NiFi support both Java 8 or Java 11:
system_requirements 

The JDK contains, in addition to the JRE, additional development tools like compilers, debuggers, etc.  These may be useful to you depending on whether or not you intend to compile java code within your dataflow (not a requirement of any components like processors, controller services, reporting tasks, etc included with NiFi) or create your own custom NiFi components.

If you found this response assisted with your query, please take a moment to login and click on "Accept as Solution" below this post.

Thank you,

Matt

Explorer

hi @MattWho 
Thanks for the reply. this is the exact information I wanted.

Community Manager

@shashikumar, Has the reply helped resolve your issue? If so, please mark the appropriate reply as the solution, as it will make it easier for others to find the answer in the future. 

Regards,

Vidya Sargur,
Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community: