Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Do we need to restart after a change to LDAP string in login_identity_provider.xmls.?

Super Collaborator

Hi,

Our OU in the LDAP connection has changed and we are getting invalid ID,PWD errors when trying to log in to NiFi, I think this is expected. But if i change the

old

ou=Users and Groups,ou=EU,ou=same,ou=Organizations,dc=comp,dc=com

to new

ou=Users and Groups,ou=USA,ou=same,ou=Organizations,dc=comp,dc=com

do i need to restart nifi.??

is there a way that this could be avoided .?? that is instead of giving the whole string can i just give the top level ou like

ou=Users and Groups

Regards,

Sai

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Mentor
@Saikrishna Tarapareddy

-

The only NiFi configuration file you can edit that will take affect without requiring a NiFi restart is the logback.xml file.

-

As far as what is an acceptable search base, best to test your search base command on command line using ldapsearch. If it doesn't work there, it will not work in NiFi either.

-

Thank you,

Matt

-

If you found this Answer addressed your original question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept" below the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

any input from the experts.??

Super Mentor
@Saikrishna Tarapareddy

-

The only NiFi configuration file you can edit that will take affect without requiring a NiFi restart is the logback.xml file.

-

As far as what is an acceptable search base, best to test your search base command on command line using ldapsearch. If it doesn't work there, it will not work in NiFi either.

-

Thank you,

Matt

-

If you found this Answer addressed your original question, please take a moment to login and click "Accept" below the answer.