Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Does Apache Phoenix run on distributed mode or standalone mode and also provide steps for installation phoenix

Explorer

What are the installation steps for APache Phoenix

10 REPLIES 10

Community Manager

@sra_vis Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Phoenix experts @ale241290xdf and @ChrisGe  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Super Collaborator

@sra_vis For CDP,

1. In Cloudera Manager, click Home 
  2. Click 

to the right of the cluster name and select Add Service. A list of service types display. Select Phoenix from the list and click Continue. Follow the wizard to add the Phoenix service.

For HDP : https://docs.cloudera.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.6.1/bk_command-line-installation/content/ch_instal...

Explorer

Thanks for the info but i wanted to have my Apache Phoenix instance in linux server  . Do Apache phoneix requires Hbase cluster or Standalone. 

Super Collaborator

It requires Hbase cluster as its a SQL layer on top of Hbase

Explorer

Okay ,Please can you provide installation steps for APach Phoenix in Linux server ,what are the steps and what all configurations files need to be modified

Explorer

I have installed Phoenix in linux server but getting below error 

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Multiple resources found for 'META-INF/native/liborg_apache_hbase_thirdparty_netty_transport_native_epoll_x86_64.so' with different content: [jar:file:/home/hadoop/hbase/hbase-2.5.5/lib/hbase-shaded-netty-4.1.4.jar!/META-INF/native/liborg_apache_hbase_thirdparty_netty_transport_native_epoll_x86_64.so, jar:file:/home/hadoop/hbase/hbase-2.5.5/lib/phoenix-client-hbase-2.5-5.1.3.jar!/META-INF/native/liborg_apache_hbase_thirdparty_netty_transport_native_epoll_x86_64.so]

Super Collaborator

I would suggest keeping one jar file at a time and checking.

1) /home/hadoop/hbase/hbase-2.5.5/lib/hbase-shaded-netty-4.1.4.jar!/META-INF/native/liborg_apache_hbase_thirdparty_netty_transport_native_epoll_x86_64.so

2) /home/hadoop/hbase/hbase-2.5.5/lib/phoenix-client-hbase-2.5-5.1.3.jar!/META-INF/native/liborg_apache_hbase_thirdparty_netty_transport_native_epoll_x86_64.so

Explorer

We have to copy server.jar, client.jar jar files (real names will include Phoenix & HBase versions) into $HBASE_HOME/lib directory. Those files located in $PHOENIX_HOME directory i.e. /usr/lib/phoenix

I have  added  both client and server jar files in hbase lib directory but when i im trying to open Phoneix shell getting above errors as jar files are conflicting.

Please provide a solution how can i solve this.