Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Does HDF cluster needs to be hosted in the same ambari than HDP ?

Does HDF cluster needs to be hosted in the same ambari than HDP ?

Expert Contributor

Hello community!

I'm a bit confused with this about HDF and HDP so I would like to ask you.

I'm currently testing HDF mostly for NIFI but I would like to also test SAM and I also have an HDP cluster currently working, in order to let NiFi Proccessors access to HDP it's necessary to have both HDF and HDP under the same ambari?

I've to say that my HDP cluster is kerberized but I would like to have a login screen at NiFi that's why I didn't secure NiFi with kerberos and used LDAP instead.

Thank you in advance,

Best Regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Does HDF cluster needs to be hosted in the same ambari than HDP ?

Guru

Hi @Juan Manuel Nieto

There is no hard requirement to have the HDF and HDP clusters managed by the same instance of Ambari. There can be pros/cons either way depending on your particular use case. You should be just fine having a separate Ambari instance for HDF, and another Ambari instance for the existing HDP cluster.

Highlighted

Re: Does HDF cluster needs to be hosted in the same ambari than HDP ?

Expert Contributor

Thanks for your answer @Sonu Sahi

So as far as I have read one of the cons of having separated cluster is that I would have to maintain the hadoop configuration and kerberos configuration in the HDF cluster manually right?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here