Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Dynamic parameter for GetFile/ListFile processor - NiFi

Explorer

My workflow is like below.

ListenHTTP(i get a directory name here) --> SplitText --> ExtractText(directory name added as attribute)

Now after this i will have to use that attribute directoryname and extract all the files in that local dir and put that into HDFS. I understand GetFile/ListFile could do this, but how do we provide a dynamic directory name to that processor?

5 REPLIES 5

@Vignesh I

Using the ListFile processor as an example, this is how you would use the attribute directoryname to specify the directory to list files

39665-screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-11830-pm.png

Then you would pass the list of files to a FetchFile processor.

Explorer

But how do I provide the parameter directoryname. As far as I understand GetFile doesn't accept an incoming flow.

@Vignesh I

You won't be using GetFile, FetchFile will replace it. Use ListFile to create the list of files and then pass the list of files to a FetchFile processor, it will pick up the files. If you look at the FetchFile processor, it will use the attributes from the list of files to pull the files.

39666-screen-shot-2017-10-04-at-13613-pm.png

If you are running a cluster, make sure to configure the ListFile processor to run on the primary node only.

@Vignesh I

Did this resolve your issue?

Explorer

I did. Used a executescript processor in which I will pass the directoryname as a dynamic parameter which I get from the listenHTTP and after the executescript I used fetchfile to read a single file and then used puthdfs to load into HDFS.