Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ERROR orm.CompilationManager: Sqoop requires a JDK that can compile Java code cloudera

New Contributor

ERROR orm.CompilationManager: Sqoop requires a JDK that can compile Java code cloudera

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Arsh43 ,

You didn't include the Sqoop command you were running or which "form factor" of Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) you were using when you encountered this error message, but you most likely are seeing it because Sqoop needs a Java Development Kit (or JDK), and the OS you are running it from does not have one installed or it isn't accessible.

The Sqoop command you were running matters because Sqoop builds Java code for imports and exports. If you had a full JDK installed, at the command line the following commands should produce output

BBROOKS-SRVR14150:~ bbrooks$ type javac
javac is /usr/bin/javac
BBROOKS-SRVR14150:~ bbrooks$ javac -version

…that will indicate what version of the JDK's compiler is installed.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Thanks it works... I was using CDP 7.4.4 , JDK i was  earlier  installing java version Open JDK (java development kit) 64-bit-server, version
1.8.0 _232

I resolved this issue by installing
 sudo yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel –y

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Arsh43 ,

You didn't include the Sqoop command you were running or which "form factor" of Cloudera Data Platform (CDP) you were using when you encountered this error message, but you most likely are seeing it because Sqoop needs a Java Development Kit (or JDK), and the OS you are running it from does not have one installed or it isn't accessible.

The Sqoop command you were running matters because Sqoop builds Java code for imports and exports. If you had a full JDK installed, at the command line the following commands should produce output

BBROOKS-SRVR14150:~ bbrooks$ type javac
javac is /usr/bin/javac
BBROOKS-SRVR14150:~ bbrooks$ javac -version

…that will indicate what version of the JDK's compiler is installed.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thanks it works... I was using CDP 7.4.4 , JDK i was  earlier  installing java version Open JDK (java development kit) 64-bit-server, version
1.8.0 _232

I resolved this issue by installing
 sudo yum install java-1.8.0-openjdk-devel –y