Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error During Initial CDSW

Explorer

I encounter the following error during running the command "cdsw init". The reason is "The combined size of the Docker block devices is too small". 

[root@localhost config]# cdsw init
Using user-specified config file: /etc/cdsw/config/cdsw.conf
Prechecking OS Version........[OK]
Prechecking scaling limits for processes........[OK]
Prechecking scaling limits for open files........[OK]
Prechecking that iptables are not configured........
WARNING: Cloudera Data Science Workbench requires iptables, but does not support preexisting iptables rules. Press enter to continue

Prechecking that SELinux is disabled........[OK]
Prechecking configured block devices and mountpoints........[OK]
Prechecking kernel parameters........[OK]
Prechecking that docker block devices are of adequate size........
ERROR:: The combined size of the Docker block devices is too small: 1

ERROR:: Pre-install validation failed: 1

According to the comment in /etc/cdsw/config/cdsw.conf, the min size of docker block devices is 500GB. Is it a must? I just wanna to test out the feature of cdsw. Can I have mount point with less than 500GB? 

# Block device(s) for Docker images (space separated if multiple).
#
# These block devices cannot be partitions and should be at least 500GB. SSDs
# are strongly recommended.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Before initializing, the product executes a few validation checks to make sure that you have a system which will be sufficient for running CDSW.

There is a size check for the Docker block device size which throws an error if you are below 100G or a warning if you are below 500G.

If you create this environment for a trial and not for production use, a >100G block device would be enough.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Super Collaborator

Before initializing, the product executes a few validation checks to make sure that you have a system which will be sufficient for running CDSW.

There is a size check for the Docker block device size which throws an error if you are below 100G or a warning if you are below 500G.

If you create this environment for a trial and not for production use, a >100G block device would be enough.

Explorer

After changing block device to 100GB. The problem is solved. However, there is another problem is encountered.

During "cdsw init", the following error is resulted. I cannot understand the error message. Do I need to pre-configure docker? thanks.

** (pkttyagent:18193): WARNING **: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus) (g-dbus-error-quark, 4)
Starting docker...

ERROR:: Unable to start docker: 1

Explorer

hi pollylaw, could you please mention the OS and kernel versions that you use? Thanks

Explorer

Please find OS and Kernel version as follows. Thanks.

[root@localhost user]# hostnamectl
Static hostname: localhost.localdomain
Icon name: computer-vm
Chassis: vm
Machine ID: 5fdda32e3dd741bba596cdb067fd60a4
Boot ID: 619d8c7983ef4605ab0df3e0257356b1
Virtualization: vmware
Operating System: CentOS Linux 7 (Core)
CPE OS Name: cpe:/o:centos:centos:7
Kernel: Linux 3.10.0-327.el7.x86_64
Architecture: x86-64

[root@localhost user]# rpm --query centos-release
centos-release-7-2.1511.el7.centos.2.10.x86_64

Explorer

hi pollylaw, the errors you mentioned are likely printed on the terminal by some other agent that is just sending the output to all terminals.

When you have an issue with starting docker, could you please also mention the output of:

1. systemctl status docker

2. journalctl -axel -u docker -n 200

Thanks

Explorer

i resolved below 

** (pkttyagent:18193): WARNING **: Unable to register authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus)
Error registering authentication agent: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Message did not receive a reply (timeout by message bus) (g-dbus-error-quark, 4)
Starting docker...

ERROR:: Unable to start docker: 1

with this on the terminal export DISPLAY=:0.0