Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error: Unable to run the custom hook script

Error: Unable to run the custom hook script

New Contributor
We are a HDP 2.6 deployment, during the deploy of the Cluster we have the following error:

stdout:    /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/output-3524.txt 

2018-01-16 12:52:33,990 - Stack Feature Version Info: Cluster Stack=2.6, Command Stack=None, Command Version=None -> 2.6
2018-01-16 12:52:33,996 - Using hadoop conf dir: /usr/hdp/current/hadoop-client/conf
2018-01-16 12:52:33,997 - Group['livy'] {}
2018-01-16 12:52:33,999 - Adding group Group['livy']
Error: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script ['/usr/bin/python', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY/scripts/hook.py', 'ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/command-3524.json', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/stacks/HDP/2.0.6/hooks/before-ANY', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-3524.json', 'INFO', '/var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp', 'PROTOCOL_TLSv1', '']

Command failed after 1 tries
1 REPLY 1

Re: Error: Unable to run the custom hook script

Rising Star

I've seen it depends on the services that are failling.

E.g. Below steps worked for me when HDFS or Node Manager giving mentioned message, but when I have all servicies stopped due to this message in a single node it does not work (I am figuring out how to).

ambari-agent stop

mv /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-status.json /var/lib/ambari-agent/data/structured-out-status.json-old

ambari-agent start

Regards!