Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error after activation ranger plugin

Hello,

I activated in the storage plugins HDFS, HIVE and Nifi.

Unfortunately when restarting the components I have this error for HDFS and HIVE :

2018-05-16 17:30:33,100 - Will retry 35 time(s), caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused.. Sleeping for 8 sec(s)
2018-05-16 17:30:41,109 - Will retry 34 time(s), caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused.. Sleeping for 8 sec(s)
2018-05-16 17:30:49,118 - Will retry 33 time(s), caught exception: Connection failed to Ranger Admin. Reason - [Errno 111] Connection refused.. Sleeping for 8 sec(s)

On the other hand Nifi starts him correctly. Have I forgotten something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Clément Dumont - If I'm correct those errors are showing on the ambari startup operations for the HDFS and HIVE. This means that ambari is trying to reach the ranger admin ui and is failing to communicate for whatever reason. Ambari will use the following configuration settings for the url: for HDFS: ranger.plugin.hdfs.policy.rest.url and for HIVE: ranger.plugin.hive.policy.rest.url

I suggest you check on HDFS > Configs if the ranger.plugin.hdfs.policy.rest.url is correctly pointing to the ranger ui url

Same for HIVE > Configs if ranger.plugin.hive.policy.rest.url is correctlly pointing to the ranger ui url

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Clément Dumont - If I'm correct those errors are showing on the ambari startup operations for the HDFS and HIVE. This means that ambari is trying to reach the ranger admin ui and is failing to communicate for whatever reason. Ambari will use the following configuration settings for the url: for HDFS: ranger.plugin.hdfs.policy.rest.url and for HIVE: ranger.plugin.hive.policy.rest.url

I suggest you check on HDFS > Configs if the ranger.plugin.hdfs.policy.rest.url is correctly pointing to the ranger ui url

Same for HIVE > Configs if ranger.plugin.hive.policy.rest.url is correctlly pointing to the ranger ui url

HTH

*** If you found this answer addressed your question, please take a moment to login and click the "accept" link on the answer.

Hi @Felix Albani.

thank you !