Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error during Apache Metron deployment

Contributor

I am getting the following error when I perform the Apache Metron deployment process:

TASK [ambari_master : check if ambari-server is up on ec2-52-38-224-98.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080] *** fatal: [ec2-52-38-224-98.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "elapsed": 300, "failed": true, "msg": "Timeout when waiting for ec2-52-38-224-98.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com:8080"}

Does this mean that one of my AWS EC2 users is not online or responsive or accessible? If so, how do I fix that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Contributor

I am little confused by the term "AWS EC2 users". Do you mean EC2 host? At this point we're just trying to establish that the host is up and accessible. No need to log in to the host (yet).

The first step is to verify that the host is actually up. You can find the host status by logging into the AWS console and navigating to the EC2 service. If it is in fact up, security rules may be the cause. Navigate to Network & Security > Security Groups, select the security group for that host and check out the Inbound rules.

Assuming you are using our scripts to deploy this (as explained in /incubator-metron/deployment/amazon-ec2/README.md)? May be easier to just start fresh. AWS can be unpredictable sometimes.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

New Contributor

I'm getting 500 Internal Server errors when I try to make an HTTP POST to a specific address in my app. I've looked into the server logs in the custom log directory specified in the virtual hosts file, but the error doesn't show up there so debugging this has been a pain in the ass.

How do I cause Apache to log Internal 500 errors into the error log?

1buy.vn

New Contributor

it is Okay. I already fixed it successfully. My question is closed. Thanks.