Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error during regenerate keytabs

Highlighted

Error during regenerate keytabs

New Contributor

I encountered the following error when trying to regenerate keytabs. I have recently upgraded from HDP 2.6 to HDP 3.0. I am using FreeIPA. The name of the host of the ambari server is not ambari_server -- I am not sure why it tries to create a new principal HTTP/ambari_server@REALM.

2018-10-09 17:17:00,700 - Failed to create principal, HTTP/ambari_server@ZXCOMPUTERS.COM - Failed to create principal for HTTP/ambari_server@ZXCOMPUTERS.COM
STDOUT: 
STDERR: ipa: ERROR: The host 'ambari_server' does not exist to add a service to.

2018-10-09 17:17:21,815 - Failed to create principal,  - Failed to create new principal - no principal specified
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Error during regenerate keytabs

Super Mentor

@Luc Machiels

The HTTP Principal are using in this format:

HTTP/_HOST@_REALM

So the "_HOST" is actually replaced with the FQDN of the host. So in your case are you sure that "ambari_server" is the FQDN of your ambari server host ? OR have you recently changed the FQDN of your ambari server host?

Can you please share the output of the following commands from Ambari Server host?

# hostname -f
# cat /etc/hosts

Re: Error during regenerate keytabs

New Contributor

Hi Jay, thank you for your reply. The ambari server host is merlin-0

[root@merlin-0 ~]# hostname -f
merlin-0.zxcomputers.com
[root@merlin-0 ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6
192.168.17.10 merlin-0.zxcomputers.com merlin-0
192.168.17.11 merlin-1.zxcomputers.com merlin-1