Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error in Ranger row level filter.

Highlighted

Error in Ranger row level filter.

New Contributor

Hi all,

I am facing a issue in ranger row level filter. I have add a IN query in RLF. It gives error like

Query: du_id IN 
       (select b.cucode from tbl_pts_empentityrolemapping a 
        inner join tbl_pts_customerunitmaster b on a.entityid = b.cuid 
        inner join tbl_pts_employeemaster e on a.empid=e.employeeid and e.username = current_user() 
        where globalroleid IN (3,49))
INFO  : Dag submit failed due to Invalid TaskLaunchCmdOpts defined for Vertex Map 4 : Invalid/conflicting GC options found, cmdOpts="-server -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dhdp.version=2.6.4.0-91 -XX:+PrintGCDetails -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseG1GC -XX:+ResizeTLAB -server -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -XX:NewRatio=8 -XX:+UseNUMA -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:+PrintGCDetails -verbose:gc -XX:+PrintGCTimeStamps -Dlog4j.configuratorClass=org.apache.tez.common.TezLog4jConfigurator -Dlog4j.configuration=tez-container-log4j.properties -Dyarn.app.container.log.dir=<LOG_DIR> -Dtez.root.logger=INFO,CLA " stack trace: [org.apache.tez.dag.api.DAG.createDag(DAG.java:934), org.apache.tez.client.TezClientUtils.prepareAndCreateDAGPlan(TezClientUtils.java:680), org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.submitDAGSession(TezClient.java:444), org.apache.tez.client.TezClient.submitDAG(TezClient.java:411), org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exe

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error in Ranger row level filter.

Hi @Anjali Shevadkar
The error complains of invalid/conflicting JVM garbage collection options.
Can you confirm your HDP and Ambari versions? Did you deploy this cluster via the Ambari install or via blueprint?

Edit, I can see the GC options conflict here;

XX:+UseG1GC AND XX:+UseParallelGC are both specified

These GC options are mutually exclusive. Ensure that in your configuration, tez.task.launch.cmd-opts and hive.tez.java.opts are both set to the same GC method.

New Contributor

Hi @Jonathan Sneep

cluster is deployed through Ambari. HDP and Ambari version is 2.6.0.3 & 2. 6.1.

Thanks @Anjali Shevadkar
I also updated my previous post, with a cause and solution proposal;

On the JVM options, XX:+UseG1GC AND XX:+UseParallelGC are both specified

These GC options are mutually exclusive. Ensure that in your configuration, tez.task.launch.cmd-opts and hive.tez.java.opts are both set to the same GC method.