Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error starting Knox in HDP 3 because of missing fast-hdfs-resource.jar in Ambari Agent

Error starting Knox in HDP 3 because of missing fast-hdfs-resource.jar in Ambari Agent

Expert Contributor

After a fresh and kerberized install of HDP 3.1 I get the following error when restarting Knox from Ambari:

2019-01-16 08:27:58,350 - Execute['hadoop --config /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/conf jar /var/lib/ambari-agent/lib/fast-hdfs-resource.jar /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/hdfs_resources_1547638078.26.json'] {'logoutput': None, 'path': ['/usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/bin'], 'user': 'hdfs'}
2019-01-16 08:27:58,898 - Audit directory creation in HDFS for KNOX Ranger plugin failed with error:
Execution of 'hadoop --config /usr/hdp/3.1.0.0-78/hadoop/conf jar /var/lib/ambari-agent/lib/fast-hdfs-resource.jar /var/lib/ambari-agent/tmp/hdfs_resources_1547638078.26.json' returned 255. JAR does not exist or is not a normal file: /var/lib/ambari-agent/lib/fast-hdfs-resource.jar
Traceback (most recent call last):

The error seems to be a mising JAR "fast-hdfs-resource.jar" inside the Ambari Agent folder /var/lib/ambari-agent.

Just in case I have checked both the files and the post install scripts in the ambari-agent RPM package and this file doesn't seems to be present or created during install.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Error starting Knox in HDP 3 because of missing fast-hdfs-resource.jar in Ambari Agent

Expert Contributor

Just in case this help someone else, I did a search for the missing JAR and found it in the ambari-server package. So I was able to "bypass" this problem by copying this file to the required path for ambari-agent in all the cluster nodes by using pscp:

pscp -h cluster/hdpall /var/lib/ambari-server/resources/stack-hooks/before-START/files/fast-hdfs-resource.jar /var/lib/ambari-agent/lib/

This solved the error but I consider this a "hack" and expect maybe there is a better and more general answer.

Re: Error starting Knox in HDP 3 because of missing fast-hdfs-resource.jar in Ambari Agent

New Contributor

much thanks for this post and most-excellent hack! had the same problem after enabling SSO on a non-kerberized cluster. lol, something is slightly messed-up somewhere with knox/ambari integration.

cheers,

doug