Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Error trying to run Data Science with Hadoop: Predicting Airline Delays – Part 2

Explorer

I'm trying to run the zeppelin notebook for Data Science with Hadoop: Predicting Airline Delays – Part 2.

In the first paragraph I'm getting the java errors below - I assume that I'm not importing a class that I need but any help is greatly appreciated!

===============================================================================================

import org.apache.spark.rdd._

import scala.collection.JavaConverters._

import au.com.bytecode.opencsv.CSVReader

import java.io._

import org.joda.time._

import org.joda.time.format._

<console>:44: error: not found: type DateTime val sampleDate = new DateTime(year, month, day, 0, 0) ^

<console>:47: error: not found: value DateTimeFormat val holiday = DateTimeFormat.forPattern("MM/dd/yyyy").parseDateTime(c) ^

<console>:48: error: not found: value Days val distance = Math.abs(Days.daysBetween(holiday, sampleDate).getDays)

3 REPLIES 3

@Scott McDowell

I don't think you are missing an import statement. Looking at your code snippet, you have mentioned

import org.joda.time._        //DateTime and Days come from this import
import org.joda.time.format._     //This import gives us DateTimeFormat

Please verify if you have mentioned all the import correctly. You should be able to use the aforementioned functions if such is the case.

@Scott McDowell

Did the answer help in the resolution of your query? Please close the thread by marking the answer as Accepted!

Explorer

Thanks for your response!

Yes, I have those import statements and it's still not working.