Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Error while running testbench for hive benchmarking

Highlighted

Error while running testbench for hive benchmarking

New Contributor

I am executing the tpcds-build.sh file before running tpcds-setup.sh file to generate data for hive benchmarking.

The error after executing the command ./tpcds-build.sh :

Building TPC-DS Data Generator curl http://dev.hortonworks.com.s3.amazonaws.com/hive-testbench/tpcds/README curl: (7) couldn't connect to host make: *** [tpcds_kit.zip] Error 7 TPC-DS Data Generator built, you can now use tpcds-setup.sh to generate data.

Please help in this regard.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error while running testbench for hive benchmarking

New Contributor
@pankaj singh

Can you please help me i this regard?

Thanks in advance

@Aishwarya Dixit,

Can you please try cloning this repo and run the tpcds-build.sh

https://github.com/hortonworks/hive-testbench (hive14 branch)

Also, please check that maven and gcc are installed. Make sure that you are able to ping dev.hortonworks.com. If you are not able to ping then your firewall might be blocking it. You should disable your firewall in that case or allow this url to pass.

Thanks,

Aditya

New Contributor

@Aditya Sirna

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the answer. Both maven and gcc are installed. Is there any way I can build this and generate data without internet connection??? since the cluster I am using has no connection to internet.

Thanks in advance.

@Aishwarya Dixit,

I didn't try this out. But I guess you can run tpcds-build.sh where you have internet connectivity build all the artifacts required. Copy them to the box where you need to run the setup.sh and run the setup script. Make sure to use same java version in both the boxes.