Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Error while upgrade hdf 3.1.2 to 3.2.0:'heart beat lost' unable to start services before upgrade hdf on web UI

Explorer

ambari-server-check-database.log:

2018-08-31 09:44:15,482  WARN - Required config(s): registry-logsearch-conf is(are) not available for service REGISTRY with service config version 6 in cluster hdfcluster
2018-08-31 09:44:15,483  WARN - Required config(s): streamline-logsearch-conf is(are) not available for service STREAMLINE with service config version 7 in cluster hdfcluster
2018-08-31 09:44:15,483  WARN - Required config(s): nifi-logsearch-conf is(are) not available for service NIFI with service config version 13 in cluster hdfcluster

I followed 'https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.2.0/ambari-managed-hdf-upgrade/content/hdf-upgrade_the_hdf_management_pack.html' to upgrade hdf. When I was going to upgrade on UI, I found all services unable to start. The ambari server host are 'heart beat lost',and other hosts are normal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Zyann ,

Heartbeat lost means ambari-agent is not connected to ambari-server.

can you see the status of ambari-agent on the problamatic host using the command :

[root@aanaik1 ~]# ambari-agent status
Found ambari-agent PID: 3516
ambari-agent running.

If its not running you can start it.if its running, please see in

[root@aanaik1 ~]# tail -f /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

whether its able to send heartbeat to ambari-server or not.

Hope this helps you

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Zyann ,

Heartbeat lost means ambari-agent is not connected to ambari-server.

can you see the status of ambari-agent on the problamatic host using the command :

[root@aanaik1 ~]# ambari-agent status
Found ambari-agent PID: 3516
ambari-agent running.

If its not running you can start it.if its running, please see in

[root@aanaik1 ~]# tail -f /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

whether its able to send heartbeat to ambari-server or not.

Hope this helps you