Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: core-site.xml not found

Explorer

I tried to set the permission for hive by using the following command :

# hdfs dfs -chmod 777/

But however I got the following error :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.RuntimeException: core-site.xml not found                                                                       
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResource(Configuration.java:2640)                                                                
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.loadResources(Configuration.java:2566)                                                               
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getProps(Configuration.java:2451)                                                                    
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:1164)                                                                         
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:1136)                                                                         
        at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.setBoolean(Configuration.java:1472)                                                                  
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.processGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:321)                                          
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.parseGeneralOptions(GenericOptionsParser.java:487)                                            
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:170)                                                         
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.GenericOptionsParser.<init>(GenericOptionsParser.java:153)                                                         
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:70)                                                                                 
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:90)                                                                                 
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FsShell.main(FsShell.java:356)   

I got this same error when I typed the following commands :

sudo -u hdfs hadoop fs -mkdir /user/hive/warehouse
hdfs dfs -ls

But I am unable to figure out a solution. Can someone please help me out ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login
1 REPLY 1

Master Mentor
hide-solution

This problem has been solved!

Want to get a detailed solution you have to login/registered on the community

Register/Login